Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

  1. I will take my dogs to Hartley Nature Center for a 30-40 minute walk/run, 3 times during the week days.  It's still going very well.  It was nice having the extra days off and not having to stick to my normal schedule.  We were able to go to new places and go for a longer period of time.
  2. However, the beginning of this week was a little more tricky.  The weather was terrible and difficult to get to the places because of the bad driving.  It took even longer to get to point A to point B.  I'm sure it's going to be not as fun outside as the weather gets colder and colder and colder.  The puppies can only last so long running in below zero weather and it's hard to see them when it's snowing out (they blend in pretty well).
  3. My feeling were still fun and enjoyable.  Just got to continue to get up and get out there...not allow myself to get lazy and use the weather as an excuse.  
  4. We learned about a few new parks to visit around Duluth this week.   Some are nicer than others...
  5. Things should stay the same this upcoming week.  If we can't continue to go to the new places we found we will definitely continue going to Hartley, the park that's close by and convenient to get to.

4 comments:

  1. The weather can be a pain. But I think you have the right attitude, just keep pushing. Some time outside is better than no time outside. And maybe you can split it up into 2 chunks..20 minutes before school and 20 minutes after school. Just a thought, that way the doggies wont be cold. Good luck next week, just got to beat that weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand not wanting to go outside! I hate winter sometimes, but I bet your puppies really appreciate you taking them! I hope that the weather isn't bad next week so your goal goes smoother. I know that my aunt has problems seeing her dog so she makes her wear an orange bandanna around her neck that seems to help. maybe that would help seeing them? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather can be a big restriction, but it sounds like you do well getting around. It looks like they have a good time! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work, I agree that weather plays a huge role in getting out and about sometimes but it seems like you are doing your best to not let this hold you back.

    ReplyDelete